The Samsung NX-R mirrorless camera surfaced over the web, the camera features WiFi connectivity, but no more details available. See more about Samsung Camera
Olympus finally announced the Olympus E-P5 flagship Micro Four Thirds PEN mirrorless camera , the E-P5 features same 16 megapixel Live MOS sensor and 5-axis image stabilization system of the OM-D E-M5, the E-P5 processing is powered by TruePic VI Image Processor, on the rear side we have a large 3-inch 1.04-million-dot tilting touchscreen, the E-P5 can make 1080/30p HD videos + we also have a time-lapse maker, and 12 Art Filters.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VI Image Processor
- 3.0″ Tilt Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video in MOV & AVI Formats
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 5 Axis Image Stabilization with IS Auto
- 9 fps Burst Shooting; 1/8000s Shutter
- Built-In Flash with Wireless Capability
E-P5 is the world’s first mirrorless camera equipped with a 1/8000 sec. high-speed mechanical shutter , WiFi introduced in PEN Series with E-P5, you can share your videos and images with smart devices.
Olympus E-P5 Body only – Amazon
Olympus E-P5 17mm f1.8 and VF-4 16.1 – Amazon
Olympus E-P5 from B&H
Few more images of Olympus E-P5 images surfaced over the web, The Olympus E-P5 will feature faster AF and better 5 axis stabilization system compared to Olympus E-M5, but the sensor and image processor is same as Olympus E-M5.The body of the E-P5 cost approx 99,800 yen / $1000.00. Coming on May 11. See more Olympus Rumors
According to latest rumors Canon 70D is rumored to be announced on June 2013. See all rumors about Canon 70D.
Photoshopped image of Canon EOS M
Canon will also update its mirrorless series with 2 new cameras + 3 new EOS M lenses on Jun/July 2013, the entry level will replace the current EOS M model and the High End Mirrorless is coming for pro shooters with Class Leading AF system, optional viewfinder and other accessories.
source – canonrumor | NorlightRumor
The rumored Olympus E-P5 image surfaced over the web today, as we have reported earlier the camera have a retro look, similar to original PEN F of 1960′s.
The Olympus E-P5 will feature same 16-megapixel sensor as the OM-D EM-5, New AF engine, Built-in WiFi, but no built in viewfinder. A new 17mm F1.8 lens is also expected to be announced with Olympus E-P5. The E-P5 will be announced at a launch event on May 9, 2013.
Image Comparison – Olympus PEN E-P5 (2013) vs Olympus PEN F (1960)
CLICK TO ENLARGE – Olympus PEN E-P5 (2013) vs Olympus PEN F (1960)
Image Comparison – Olympus E-P5 vs Olympus E-P3
CLICK TO ENLARGE – Olympus E-P5 vs Olympus E-P3
Samsung NX2000 surfaced over FCC and spotted by engadget, the NX2000 will feature Tizen OS, 20.3-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor with Built-in WiFi. Samsung is also expected to announce NX lenses: 10mm f/3.5 and 16-50мм f/2.8.
Here’s a complete list of all 68 improvements the X100S has over the X100. Most of these changes were as a result of the fantastic feedback provided by X100 users.
1. 16-megapixel sensor, up from 12-megapixel
2. X-Trans CMOS II sensor eliminates need for Optical Low Pass Filter
2. The resolution has improved to match Full Frame domain sensors
3. The Signal to Noise ratio improved to be on a par with Full Frame domain sensors
4. Phase detection pixels allow 0.07 sec Auto focus
6. 1080p 60fps full HD movie
7. Improved start-up time. From 2.0sec to 0.9sec
8. Continuous Shooting from 5fps up to 6fps
9. Number of consecutive frames while using Continuous Shooting from 10 frames to 31 frames
10. Improved Shooting Interval from 0.9 seconds down to 0.5 seconds.
11. EXR Processor II Lens Modulation Optimiser reduces diffraction
phenomenon and peripheral aberrations.
12. EXR Processor II features X-Trans processing & new noise reduction.
13. Outputs 14bit RAW files
14. EVF has a 2.35 mil dot LCD
15. A new protective coating on the surface of the view-finder window prevents fingerprints and smudging.
16. The handling and response on focus ring has been improved.
17. The shooting range of the OVF has been expanded from 80cm-∞ to 50cm-∞
18. The world’s first MF system ‘Digital Split Image’. It uses the phase detection to show accurate focus peaking.
See demo: http://youtu.be/_fJDX1hzUIg
19. ‘Focus Peak Highlight’ function helps you to check the focal plane.
See demo: http://youtu.be/PMdQpgOzd4o
20. In Movie Shooting, it is possible to choose 3 kinds of focusing modes
MF/ AF-C and AF-S.
21. Expanded AF shooting range from 40cm – infinity (X100) to 21cm – infinity (X100S). *not on Macro mode
22. Quick (Q) Button for speed and instant access to shooting menus.
23. Multi Tab Menu easy and fast navigation
24. Two new Film simulation functions added: Pro Neg.Std and Pro Neg. Hi
25. ‘F-simulation bracketing’ function – one shot can produce 3 different Film Simulation images which can be pre-set.
26. ‘Advanced filter’ mode
27. ‘Multi Exposure’ function. While viewing your first shot on EVF or LCD as overlay, you can shoot a second shot.
28. ‘Shutter Counter’ counts every 100 shots.
29. The shape of viewfinder window changed to help prevent dust build-up
30. The strap attachment rings are double coated with stainless-steel layer
31. Improved the shape of ‘Viewfinder lever’
32. Improved the layout of ‘Focus lever’ (goes MF > AF-C > AF-S now)
33. Improved the operability of the ‘MENU/OK button’
34. Improved shape of the ‘Q button’ (was previously the RAW button)
35. Improved the shape of ‘Front Ring’
36. Improved the torque of ‘Exposure dial’
37. Improved layout of ‘Shutter speed dial’
38. Improved the design of Battery-chamber
39. Improved the shape of Hot shoe
40. Max ISO from 3200 to 6400 *ISO AUTO Mode
41. WB shift available in any mode
42. Variation of aspect ratio 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1
43. Improved functionality in MF mode
44. Able to reset the setting separately
45. No formatting on the setting when updating FW
46. Change the default LCD information setting -> standard
47. Reset function added for every custom mode
48. Information of all F-simulation modes
49. Add ‘MARK FOR UPLOAD TO’ MyFinePix.com
50. Support ‘Eyefi Connected’
51. Holding Q-button is short-cut function
52. Remove ‘ISO AUTO’ to Shooting Menu
53. Change the location of ‘AF area select button’
54. Change the sub-function of ‘AF area select button’
55. Change the sub-function of ‘AE button’
56. Add the sub-function of ‘Fn button’
57. In Playback mode, add the ‘Information function’
58. In low light scene, LCD display becomes smooth.
59. After release the shutter button, immediately switch to playback mode.
60. After release the shutter button, could immediately use some key.
61. After bracket shooting,immediately switch to palyback mode.
62. When holding shutter button, LCD doesn’t freeze.
63. Support the SD-card used Macintosh.
64. In low EV scene, the exposure of LCD will adapt.
65. In Manual Exposure, the histogram will adapt.
66. In Post-viewing, eye sensor function can work
67. Support external microphone and electric release.
68. Change the information of setting external Flash
69. The ND filter is now available in panorama mode.
Also see Fuji X100s vs Fuji X100 Major Specification Comparison Review
Buy Fuji X100S from Amazon | B&H