Panasonic is ready to announce a new and updated version of Panasonic GH4 series camera GH4R, the upcoming camera will have V-log profile earlier it was expected that the V-LOG will be released as a firmware update for the current GH4 camera. The camera announcement is expected in next few days, so stay with us and we will update you soon as we get any new information.
Panasonic GH4 was announced on Feb 7, 2014 and at that time it was the only mirrorless camera having 4K video recording capability. Panasonic also issued a major firmware update on April 13, 2015 that enables anamorphic video content and very high shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. when using its electronic shutter mode.
Panasonic generally updates pro GH series camera in every two year and based on schedule its announcement cycle the camera will arrive in Feb-March of 2016. We have told you back on May 2015, that the Panasonic GH5 will arrive in 2016.
According to latest information surfaced only says Panasonic GH5 is coming, no word about the core specification or features available yet. But it’s obvious that next pro GH series camera will bring bunch of improvements and a major hardware upgrade.
The recently announced Panasonic GX8 camera , the camera features newly developed sensor and world first camera to feature DUAL IS system, the camera features built-in image 5-axis stabilization system and also utilizes the lens IS correction mechanism.
Take a look at the sample videos captured with Panasonic GX8, the first video 4K video is captured with a pre-production camera and the next one is uploaded by Panasonic itself,
Daniel Berehulak, a world-renowned award-winning photojournalist, travelled to Cuba with new LUMIX DMC-GX8 to document an evolving culture and society going through significant social, political and economic change. This is a part of his journey recorded with GX8 in 4K.
You can also enjoy photos shot by him and the behind-the-scenes with shooting impression of GX8.
We have already seen a bunch of announcement this year, take a look at the list of camera that may arrive in late August and September 2015,
1. Sony A6000 Successor – As rumored earlier the Sony A7000 announcement was expected back on March 2015, but due to some technical issue the announcement was delayed, now it is rumored to arrive on August or September. The camera is rumored to feature 24 Megapixel CMOS sensor and on sensor HDR technology by having a 15.5 stops of dynamic range, it’s the highest dynamic range ever achieved by the Sony E-mount camera yet. For more detailed rumored specification click here
2. The next for sure camera in the arrival list is Canon 150D / SL2, the Canon 150D and SL2 announcement is overdue and the camera is rumored to arrive in September 2015. According to the rumored specification of the camera the upcoming Canon 150D/ SL2 will carry a 24.2 Megapixel CMOS HYBRID CMOS III AF sensor, the old 19 point AF system will remain alive inside the rebel DSLR , the camera will remain limited to Full HD video recording. The company is also working on fixed mirror DSLR without and OVF, we don’t know at the moment Canon will bring out this technology (May be with or without Rebel SL2 / 150D), however one thing is sure that the Canon SL2 camera will again break the record of world smallest DSLR.
3. Canon 5D Mark IV – Again we have a Canon camera in the list, the Canon 5D Mark IV expected arrival date is coming closer day by day, I am actually bit tired of reading non–reliable rumors every day in my email and everywhere on web, Take a look at the list of possible specification floating over the web..a total of three random core specification floating over the web, those starts from a 18 MP fullframe sensor to 24 MP FF sensor and finally ends on a 28 MP FF sensor. But according to the last & latest rumored specification I have published is taken from a forum and published by senior member, according to him Canon will announce two different models of Canon 5D Camera in near feature : –
Canon 5DX – Sports oriented photography, fast AF system, low resolution sensor for fast continuous shooting speed and optimized lowlight performance.
Canon 5DXs – S stands for Studio-work not sensitivity ?, Leaked specification says the camera will feature a 28Megapixel CMOS Sensor and advance AF system, dedicated to studiographers.
4. Canon 1DX Mark II – On June 14th 2015 we have published a detailed information related to Canon 1DX Mark II Rumor, The most important part of the rumor was the line ” The EOS 5D Mark IV will come after the EOS-1D X Mark II announcement.”, however no more information related to 1DX successor available after that day.
5. Nikon Coolpix A II – Nikon coolpix A update is overdue and the camera is expected to arrive soon, according to latest rumors the published online the coolpix A 18 MP sensor will be upgraded to 24MP DX format sensor.
5.5 Nikon P8000 – Nikon is also rumored to announce 1″ sensor based compact camera Nikon P8000, the expected time span of arrival is September 2015 and will update you soon as we get any new information.
6. Sony A99II – Sony A99II camera is scheduled to arrive in September 2015, the camera has internal 4K recording and will also feature newly developed fullframe CMOS sensor, New kit lenses coming along with the Sony A99 II camera, these are new 24-105mm f/4.0 lens and a new Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 SSM.
7. Fujifilm X-Pro2 – Fujifilm X-Pro2 is rumored to feature same sensor as of Sony A7000 camera,.. We also think the news is correct since Fuji is unable bring new version of X-Trans sensor from 2013. We expect the camera will arrive inQ1 of 2016.
Panasonic shoot-first focus later camera rumor was actually a new ‘Post Focus’ technology for LUMIX cameras, the technology is ready to be implemented in the Panasonic recently announced Panasonic GX8 and FZ300 camera via a firmware update, however the exact date of firmware announcement is not known, it may arrive on Q4 of 2015 or Q1 of 2016.
The lens of the camera will quickly focus on the 50 different AF points of the scene and will compose it in single shot, the camera will use 4K mode to compose single image by conserving 50 different AF area of the scene, This is particularly effective for landscapes and macro photography.
More details at Press Release –
Panasonic develops new ‘Post Focus’ technology for LUMIX Cameras
New ‘Post Focus’ Technology enables areas of a photograph to be in-focus AFTER shooting
Panasonic is developing new ‘Post Focus’ technology for LUMIX cameras to expand creativity by enabling users to easily select their preferred in-focus area from their images, and create a number of different pictures from a single shot.
The new ‘Post Focus’ mode will work in conjunction with the capabilities of Panasonic’s high-speed, high-precision DFD (Depth From Defocus) autofocus technology, and 4K Photo mode, which allows 4K Burst shooting for up to 30 frames per second continuously for up to 30 minutes.
When ‘Post Focus’ mode is set, the camera quickly shifts the lens to set focus on approximately 50 areas. After taking the shot, users can then select one or more frames from the 4K Burst series where the different points of focus make interesting images. This is particularly effective for landscapes and macro photography.
Panasonic will introduce this Post Focus function for the first time via a firmware update for the LUMIX DMC-GX8, DMC-FZ300 and other selected models in late 2015 to early 2016, and will look at plans to integrate it in future LUMIX cameras.
After facing lots of rumors now Panasonic has finally announced the Lumix DMC-FZ300, which is a 24X superzoom cameara which delivers 4K video. Since Panasonic took long period of three years to replace its predecessor Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, the one time favorite.
But Panasonic regarded its old member and kept its memory by using the Lumix DMC-FZ200 camera’s 25-600mm equivalent F2.8 zoom lens and 12MP Live MOS sensor to its latest member Lumix DMC-FZ300 and also added the latest version of its Venus Engine image processor.
The autofocus system of the camera is upgraded with Panasonic’s DFD (Depth from Defocus) technology which results in the reduction of its focus times to just 0.09 secs, and also it increase the ability of its tracking focus .It has the fast shooting continuous speed up to 12 fps and 6 fps in C-AF mode.
The camera also supports a Hybrid O.I.S. system and it provides 2-axis stabilization for stills shooting and 5-axis image stabilization in video recording but no in 4K video mode. Its supports the video recording at 4K/UHD with the resolution of 3840 x 2160pixels at 30 or 24pixels and its has also capacity of shooting Raw and offers a microphone input.
The users can get FZ300 in October, 2015 at the cost of $599.99.
Take a look at the Sample images of Panasonic GX8 below, Full size images isn’t available yet and the sample images available doesn’t actually describe the full strength of the camera, however we will bring more samples and put here, so if you like the camera for any reason you must bookmark this page for future reference
Disclaimer: We have attempted to select useful information to include on New Camera, and to ensure that the resources we have included on the site -- as well as the way we have described them -- are accurate, fair, and balanced. However, we make no claims, warranties, or other representations concerning the accuracy, completeness, or utility of the information provided, or concerning the abilities or performance of the organizations, agencies, companies, and other resources presented through New Camera