According to a latest press release by Sigma some of its lenses showing AF and Image Stabilization issue . Sigma will release a free firmware update for its customers to fix the issue + If your Sigma lens is not compatible with the USB dock, you will have to contact your nearest Sigma service center., for more details follow the release.
Information Regarding Nikon Df Cameras
Thank you very much for purchasing and using Sigma products.
We have found that the current firmware of our Nikon fitting interchangeable lenses may not work properly with the Nikon Df camera’s OS and Auto Focus functions.
This is similar to the phenomena described in “Information Regarding the Nikon D5300 Cameras” that we have announced on November 19th.
However, for the Nikon Df cameras, it includes those lenses that do not have an internal AF motor, and the following products will require a firmware update.
For those customers who use Sigma lenses in Nikon mount with the Nikon Df camera, we are going to provide a free firmware update.
Please note that all the products we dispatch from the factory will have the latest firmware.
Without the latest firmware, the OS and Auto Focus functions do not work properly when it is used with the Nikon Df.
Nikon fitting interchangeable lenses not yet updated for the Nikon D5300 camera.
* It includes the following lenses that do not have an internal AF motor:
- 8mm F3.5 EX DG CIRCULAR FISHEYE
- 15mm F2.8 EX DG DIAGONAL FISHEYE
- 20mm F1.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL RF
- 24mm F1.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL MACRO
- 28mm F1.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL MACRO
- MACRO 50mm F2.8 EX DG
- MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG
* For some discontinued products, we may not be able to offer the firmware update due to the discontinuation of related repair parts. Please contact your nearest authorized Sigma distributor for further details.
* Please refer to the link below for further information on the firmware update for the Nikon D5300.
For those customers in need of the latest firmware, we are going to provide free firmware update from December 4th. For discontinued products, please contact your nearest authorized Sigma distributor for the further details.
For lenses that are compatible with the SIGMA USB DOCK, it is possible to update them via SIGMA Optimization Pro.
For detailed information on the SIGMA USB DOCK, please find it from the below link;
For the detailed information on the SIGMA Optimization Pro, please find it from the below link;
Local Service Center
You can contact your nearest authorized Sigma distributor for the firmware update. Details of your nearest authorized Sigma distributor can be found on the following web page.
We are going to put the sticker to all Nikon fitting lenses that we will dispatch from the factory from now on.