During an interview Nikon representatives told to amateurphotographer.co.uk that Nikon is not in the mood to develop large sensor mirrorless camera, according to him…
Take a look at the key points of the inter-view
– The market is growing moderately, but that’s on a very small scale [in relation] to the size of the [overall] market.
– In terms of total value and units, it is really small compared to what DSLR is still doing.
– the whole camera market is contracting (due to high end smartphones?) and the Mirrorless sale is not growing by the same amount.
– Nikon already have the Nikon 1 mirrorless system and doesn’t see any reason to announce large sensor based mirrorless camera.
– According to Nikon DSLR offer advantages over CSCs, in terms of AF speed, tracking and ‘reliability of the life cycle’.
An finally, high-end mirrorless system would need to win acceptance from professionals and many loyal enthusiasts
Recent announcement from Nikon – Nikon D750 Announced – Press Release, Full Specification and Videos