Sony A99 features 35mm full frame digital camera body equipped with 24.3MP full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor and Dual Autofocus System to continuously monitor and alter its focus in real time, The standard ISO range is 100 to 25600, sensor-shift image stabilization – shake reduction of up to 2.5 to 4.5 stops. Now let’s talk about rear side, we have 3.0″ LCD with Sony’s TruBlack technologyv and SLT-A99′s Tru-Finder Electronic Viewfinder features a 1,440K-dot resolution, 100% field of view, and a wide 31.9° viewing angle.
Major Features of Sony A99
- Full-Frame 24.3MP Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Sony Dual AF System & Translucent Mirror
- 3.0″ TruBlack Tilting LCD Display
- XGA OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1920×1080 60p Video Recording
- Advanced BIONZ Image Processing Engine
- Internal SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- 1,200 Zone Evaluative Metering Sensor
- Exposure & Focus Controls With Video
- Quiet Multi Control Dial, GPS & Auto HDR
other major features include An advanced evaluative metering sensor with 1200 zones, Two-Axis White Balance, unique Multi Control Dial on the front of the camera allows you to adjust photo, video or audio settings, Auto Portrait Framing technology, Multi Frame NR and Hand-Held Twilight, Built-In GPS for Geotagging, The A99 also have A variety of picture effects include HDR Painting, Soft Focus, Miniature, Soft High-key, Pop Color, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Rich-tone Monochrome, Toy Camera, High Contrast Monochrome, Posterization (Color), Posterization (Black & White), and Retro Photo. They are available for both photo and video recording.
The α99 full-frame digital system camera will be available this October as body-only for about $2800.
Buy Sony A99 from Amazon | B&H Store
Continue reading Sony Announces Flagship Full-Frame A99 Camera
Yes more images coming above the surfaced over the web just before the official announcement, See more about upcoming Sony A99, Sony RX1 and Sony NEX 6, follow us on twitter and facebook for latest news and rumors.
Sony A99 Images
Sony NEX 6 Images
Sony A99 leaked image surfaced over the web today via chinese forum Xitek, the A99 with NEX 6 and a professional NEX camera coming on Sept 12, see the full list here and click her to see Sony A99 specification.
List of camera. lenses, accessories and camcorders coming on Spetember 12th leaked today, now what left, we have to wait till Sep 12th to get full details of upcoming products and hands-on report.
- Sony A99: 24MP Exmor CMOS full frame sensor, AVHCD 2.0. Price $2799. Available in mid October.
- Sony NEX-6: 16MP Exmor CMOS APSC sensor, AVHCD 2.0. Price around $1000.
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II lens (SAL300f28GII): Nano AR coating, weather sealed, SSM (Super Sonic Wave Motor), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), focus hold button. Price: $7500, to be released in October, 2012.
- Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 SAM lens (SAL55300): compact built, ED glass, price: $300, to be released in September 2012.
- Sony 10-18 f/4 OSS: available in November 2012 for $850.
- Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS: available in December 2012 for $450.
- Sony 16-50 f/3.5-5.6 OSS (kit lens): available in January 2013 for $350.
Sony a99 accessories
- Sony HVL-F60M flash: guide number: 60, built-in LED light, price: $550.
- Sony HVL-RL1 ring flash: priced around $350.
- Sony VG-C99AM vertical grip for a99: weather sealed, price: $380.
- Sony XLR-K1M audio input terminal: price: $800.
- Sony RMT-DSLR2 remote control.
- Sony LCS-BP3 back pack.
- Sony NEX-VG900 camcorder: interchangeable lens HD camera with 24MP Exmor CMOS full frame sensor, 1080×1920 video recording at 24p/60p, 3″ LCD, XGA OLED EVF, price: $3,300.
- Sony NEX-VG30/VG30H camcorders: 16MP Exmor APS-C sensor, BIONZ processor, 1080×1920 video recording at 24p/60p, 3″ LCD, XGA OLED EVF, available in November from $1,800.
source – photorumors & SAR
Sony A99 Full Specification leaked today, the camera features 24.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with ISO range: 100-25,600 (ISO-low 50 is also available) and to achieve super fast AF speed it have 102 point AF system with two phase detection sensors, other features include New multi-segment low pass filter, Photo-diode expansion technology and Auto HDR capability, see the details below
Sony A99 Major Specification Leaked
- 24.3MP full frame CMOS Exmor sensor
- Translucent mirror technology
- ISO range: 100-25,600 (ISO-low 50 is also available)
- 14 bit RAW output
- 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
- 10 fps
- Shutter life: 200,000 shots
- 102 points AF system
- AF with two phase detection sensors
- 2360k dots XGA OLED viewfinder
- 3″ tiltable 921k dots LCD screen
- Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/60p
- Auto HDR capability
- HDMI output
- Built-in stereo mic
- Built-in flash with guide number of 12
- New multi-segment low pass filter
- Photo-diode expansion technology
- Light concentration technology
- Selective noise reduction
- Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
- Announced on September 12, 2012
- Available in stores in late October 2012
- New accessories to be released with the a99: battery grip, flash, remote control, microphone etc.
- Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body
- Weight: 730 g.
The full specification of A99 camera look really very impressive, we will update you soon as we get any news or rumor.
According to latest rumors coming from SAR the Sony A99 will arrive on photokina / September 2012, the A99 will features a newly developed 24Megapixel full frame sensor, 102 AF points, 50-25,600 ISO (expandable up to +2 stop), Built-in GPS, AVCHD 2.0 support, no CF nor XQD support. Price will be somewhere between 2,500 and 2,800 Dollars.
via – SAR
Upcoming Sony A9x Full-Frame (probably Sony A99) rumored specification surfaced over the web today, the overall specification of the Full-Frame SLT look very impressive , Sony is expected to announce new flagship NEX model and Full-Frame SLT in sep 2012 (photokina),
- 24 MPX sensor Full Frame Sensor
- All cross 102 phase detection AF
- ISO 50-25600 (can be extended to 102.400 with the final firmware)
- Live view – evaluative & subject recognition lock-on AF
- 1200 zone live-view evaluative metering
- 1920×1080 60p and 24p
- simultaneous still & movie recording
- 921K True Black 3 way tilt LCD
- Shutter Speed 1/8000
- New iAuto
- Smart Tele converter
- Magnesium body
- Weather Sealed body
- Built-in Flash
based on current rumors from different websites Sony will announce two new full-frame camera in next 12 months.
src – SAR