Nikon D4 is finally out, next-generation flagship Nikon digital-SLR camera features 16.2-million pixels FX-format CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 3 image-processing engine, image sensor supporting an incredible range of sensitivities from ISO 50 to ISO 204800, The 51 focus point AF system has been improved with faster initiation of autofocusing and the ability to detect and focus on subjects with less lighting. In addition, 11 focus points are fully functional when lenses with a maximum aperture of f/8 are used. 11 focus points are fully functional when lenses with a maximum aperture of f/8 are used. All of this means more precise autofocusing when super-telephoto NIKKOR lenses are used with teleconverters (2.0x).
A dedicated movie-record button has been positioned near the shutter-release button for smooth starting and stopping of movie recording with a feel similar to that of still-image shooting. Full-HD movie recording at a frame size of 1920 x 1080 and frame rate of 30 fps is supported, and the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video compression method has been adopted. Movies up to 29 minutes 59 seconds can be recorded. Image sensor sensitivity begins at ISO 200 and can be expanded to the same ISO 204800 equivalent possible with still-image shooting.
Nikon D4 primary features
- 16.2 effective megapixel, full-frame sensor
- 10fps shooting with AF and AE, 11fps with focus and exposure locked, 24fps 2.5MP grabs
- ISO Range 100-12,800 (extendable from 50 – 204,800)
- 91,000 pixel sensor for metering, white balance, flash exposure, face detection and active d-lighting
- MultiCAM 3500FX Autofocus sensor works in lower light and with smaller apertures
- Two sub-selector joystick/buttons for shooting orientation
- 1080 p30 HD video @ 24Mbps with uncompressed video output
- New EN-EL18 battery (21.6Wh capacity, CIPA-rated at 2600 shots)
- Twin card slots – one Compact Flash and one XQD
·Other D4 functions and features
- Extremely durable shutter that has passed testing for 400,000 cycles
- Magnesium alloy adopted for the very strong, durably body that is very resistant to dust and water
- Effective sealing using O rings and packing make the camera more resistant to dust and water
- Silent shutter-release mode for live view photography that almost completely eliminates the sounds of the mirror and shutter operation
- A time-lapse photography feature, with which the camera automatically takes photos at selected intervals to record a time-lapse movie, which can be played back at 24–36,000x normal playback speed
- Operation optimized for both horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) shooting
- Button backlights (illuminators) for increased visibility when working in dimly lit or dark situations
- High-performance viewfinder, utilizing a glass pentaprism, with a frame coverage of approximately 100% (FX format) and magnification of approximately 0.7x
- Four image area options for still shooting—FX (36 x 24), 5:4 (30 x 24), 1.2x (30 x 20), DX (24 x 16)—with viewfinder indicator that identifies the current image area
- A 3.2-inch, approximately 921k-dot LCD monitor with reinforced glass and wide viewing angle; integration of the glass and panel reduce internal reflections
- A virtual horizon that shows the degree to which the camera is tilted sideways (roll), forward or backward (pitch) with display in the monitor and viewfinder
- White balance that can be adjusted in units of 10 K; white balance can be specified separately for shooting (white balance applied to images) and monitor display with still-image shooting in live view mode
Update: Nikon D4 Announced
According to the latest article (see here), Nikon D4 is coming on Jan 10 with Nikkor AF-S 85mm f/1.8G Lens, the expected Nikon D4 Price is $6,000 and the lens will cost you $500. with an ISO range from 100 to 102,400 Expanded to 50 to 204,800 Nikon D4 is also one of the first to support the third-generation RGB metering sensor and new XQD Compact Flash memory card format, and will also offer a second card for more conventional CF cards.
According to latest rumors Nikon D4 available from February with a price tag of $6,000 (body only), Nikon D4 offers 16.2-megapixel Full Frame Sensor, It features ISO range from 100 to 102,400 which can be expanded to 50 to 204,800 for both movies and stills.
Alert: Nikon D4 at Amazon Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.
- 16.2-megapixel, 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor
- 51-point AF points with 9 cross-type sensor
- ISO: 100 to 102,400 (can br expanded to 50 to 204,800)
- 10 fps rate
- Video: Full-HD 1080p, 720p at up to 60p, Supports H.264 B frame compression
- Low-pass filter for video recording
- Face detection/recognition
- 100% viewfinder coverage
- Supports conventional and XQD Compact Flash memory card
According to Service Photo shop of in Baltimore, Maryland, It says that both the Nikon D800 36MP and D4 of 16MP will become available from March 30, 2012.
The information appeared in the official online store of service photo may be right, since the shop supplies a very wide range of photographic equipment, including the professional DSLR and accessories.
See more Canon Rumors and Nikon Rumors
News src – fotoactualidad.com(Spanish)
After the french magazine rumor, Nikon rumor is also saying that Nikon D4 is coming on January 2012.
Nikon Rumor today also published some high ISO cropped Samples of Nikon D800, however no exif details are attached with the crop samples,
According to NR
I have mentioned before that I have several samples taken with the upcoming Nikon D800 camera. The TIFF files produced by the Nikon D800 are around 103 MB…..Unfortunately I cannot publish the entire images online but I can show you few JPG crops taken at different ISO settings.
The samples are copped area of some solid part and its hard to predict the quality of image coming from a pre-production Model, but the details become flat at ISO 1400 and Noise is visible from ISO 3200.
Canon 1DX competitor Nikon D4 Specification Leaked today by Nikon Rumor , Nikon Rumor is 90% sure about the specification of Nikon D4. Nikon D4 and Nikon D800 expected arrival date is January 2012.
Nikon D4 specs:
- 16.2 Megapixel Sensor
- 51 AF points
- 11 fps Continuous shooting mode
- ISO range 100-102,400, expandable up to 50 and 204,800
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors (operational up to f/8)
- AF detection range will go down to EV-2.0 (the D3s went to EV -1)
- Hybrid Viewfinder
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Improved video mode, 1080p/30/25/24 and 720p/60/30/25/24 similar to the Nikon D800, Uncompressed video out through the HDMI port
- Ability to assign the two buttons on the front of the camera to smooth aperture control during video recording
- CF + XQD memory card slots!
From specification mentioned above we can say Nikon will make a clear separation of the D800 and D4. That’s why both camera are coming in same time in 2012. The D4 will have low MP count, high fps, high ISO. The D800 will have high MP count, low fps, lower ISO. This is a clear differentiation from the previous D3/D700 offering that shared the same sensor/technology.
One Sep 29, we have published the news / rumor – Nikon D800 is coming with 36 Megapixel on Oct 26, and Nikon D4 is coming on Feb 2012 with 18 Megapixel sensor, now some bad news The Nikon D800 announcement or availability will be delayed due to flood in Thailand, According to current news / rumors coming above the surface.
According to chassimages (translated by Google - see here )
Already, two major product launches that were planned for the coming weeks, are reported immediately, recently announced products will experience substantial delays and production of many facilities has ceased.
According to Digicam-info (translated by Google – see here)
Nikon’s product supply almost completely stopped (according to information from other readers, the supply of equipment such as single-digit D is fine), so that the impact on existing products as well as new product It is a worry.