We have done specification comparison review and high ISO test of all the best APS-C DSLR and mirrorless camera available in the market today, take a look at the specification comparison table below..
Out of all these Prime machines Samsung NX1 core specification grabbed the maximum green lights, in terms of resolution, Advance AF system, ultra fast continuous shooting speed and a option to record 4K videos .. so finally we have to believe that Samsung NX1 camera has outstanding core specification.
- Resolution – The Samsung is the only one who can produce gigantic image files of 28 MP by having a APS-C sensor, A 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor combines with DRIMe V Image Signal Processor works to produce ultra high-resolution image from a APS-C Sensor.
- ISO Range – The Nikon D7200 features the broadest ISO range (100-102400) out of all those 4 cameras, the other most important factor is the Nikon D7200 doesn’t have optical low pass filter… so due to these two major advantage we do believe that it will going to produce better image quality (less noise and more details during low-light condition) compared to the other competitors.
- Optical Low-pass filter – The absence optical low pass filter ensures the sharpness of image when viewed at 100%, so you get more details in Fujifilm X-T1 and Nikon D7200 when viewed at 100%.
Image Stabilization – The Sony A77 II is the only camera that features built in image stabilization system, the camera will sure help you to bring out sharp images during low-light environment.
- Both Nikon D7200 vs Sony A77 II features traditional Contrast detect CMOS sensor and a separate AF module below the sensor, So the phase detect AF Module (with 51 AF points) of Nikon D7200 works only when the photographer is using the viewfinder of the camera, on the other hand the Sony A77 II features fixed SLT mirror so the Phase AF sensor below the sensor is always active while using viewfinder or display screen. The A77 II AF module features 79 AF point which incorporates 15 centrally-located cross-type points.
- Samsung NX1 and Fuji X-T1 features Hybrid AF sensor with built-in active phase AF pixels inside it, so there is no separate AF module present in both the camera, the Samsung NX1 28 MP Sensor also features 205 phase and 209 contrast-detection autofocus points to acquire focus quickly and precisely and on the other hand we don’t know much details about the details of X-T1 AF system.
- Canon 7D Mark II features Dual Pixel CMOS AF Sensor and it is one of the most advance technology for Auto-focusing used by any camera till date, the camera uses the 65-point all cross-type autofocus system while you are using viewfinder and it activates Dual-Pixel CMOS AF technology while you are using live-view screen .As we know that in Dualpixel CMOS AF tech the system composed of two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across nearly 80% of the frame, the AF system is always utilized while you are using live view display screen for shooting video or stills. (click here to see how dual pixel CMOS AF work).
Continuous Shooting Speed: We don’t know what kind of alien technology Samsung has, but the Samsung NX1 can shoot 15 frames per second @28 MP, no camera stands in front of Samsung NX1.
Video – Only Samsung NX1 can shoot 4K videos by having Full Time AF support with the help of Hybrid CMOS sensor, all the other camera limited to Full HD recording only.
Connectivity: The 7D Mark II is the only camera that doesn’t have built-in WiFi connectivity, all the other camera listed does have built in WiFi or NFC connecitivty
High ISO Test
Nikon D7200 Image sample isn’t available yet, but we do have High ISO test images of Canon 7D Mark II, Sony A77 II, Samsung NX1 and Fujifilm X-T1.
Canon 7D Mark II and Fujifilm X-T1, both the camera showing impressive image quality during high ISO test, the at ISO 6400 and 12800 image have minimal amount of noise and more details compared to Sony A77 II and Samsung NX1.
- Samsung NX 1 is clear winner if we look at the comparison table of both the camera, but the NX1 system have very limited number of lenses available… so if your lens requirement is limited you should go with NX1.
- Canon 7D Mark II is looking bit weak in comparison table but the Dual-Pixel AF system and Image quality of the camera is really impressive, the other major factor that make you choose Canon 7D Mk II is Canon professional Lenses available of the 7D Mk II DSLR..
- Nikon D7200 AF system is out-of date, Nikon should add Hybrid AF sensor to all its upcoming DSLR to compete in the current market.
- Sony A77 II look good on paper but the image quality is not so good, above all the images of Sony A77 II have reddish tint on them.
- Fujifilm X-T1 is one of the best mirrorless camera I have ever seen, the camera features advance X-Trans II sensor, no optical low-pass filter and Hybrid AF system, despite of its bit low resolution.. the image quality is good at High ISO range.
Final Word: If you are planning to buy a Pro APS-C DSLR, you should go for Canon 7D Mark II DSLR.
Also see -Canon 7D Mark II Recommended Lenses
Buy Canon 7D Mark II body at Amazon || B&H
Buy Nikon D7200 from Amazon
Buy Samsung NX1 from Amazon || B&H
Buy Fuji X-T1 from AMazon
As we know that the EOS 7D Mark II features Hybrid 65 point AF, but will all these AF points will work with your current EF and EF-S Lenses? Take a look below the compatibility chart of your Canon 7D Mark II camera…
The Canon 7D Mark II is equipped with a new 65-point AF system, the AF points are arrayed over a wide area on the screen that you see, allowing you to focus on subjects nearly up to the edges of the screen. The most important thing is every AF point that you see is a Cross-type point and the center AF point allows AF with lens + Canon extender combina tions down to f/8 effective maximum apertures
The first group – (GROUP A) of lenses compatible with 65 AF points
|EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM
EF 28mm f/1.8 USM
EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM
EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
EF 50mm f/1.8 II
EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
|EF 100mm f/2 USM
EF 135mm f/2L USM
EF135mm f/2L USM+ Extender EF1.4x
EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM*
TS-E 45mm f/2.8
TS-E 90mm f/2.8
For more details click here to download the
See the page 32, 33 and 34 for full details and Compatibility Chart
Support New Camera Buy a Digital Camera, Lens, Music CD or at amazon it helps this site, and you do not pay anything extra, it is just a way to help support this site.
After getting a lot of email from users, we finally decided to remove the post, the problem is limited to very few models…
Few users are reporting that 7D Mark II showing some AF issue with Fast lenses, So don’t panic some body may show some lens AF issue, You can somehow fix the problem in the micro adjustment menu (if you can). But I recommend all buyers to send the 7D Mark II back and demand a perfect one. You pay a high price for the camera compared to the image quality. You can demand a fully functional camera for your money.
STAY WITH ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ to get live news + rumors 24X7+
We aren’t here to confuse you, we have selected the best canon lenses for your Canon 7D Mark II DSLR, the list is limited and created by our experts writers. take a look at the guide now…
Best ALL Rounder Lens | Best Telephoto Zoom Lens | Best Portrait Lens | Best Macro Lens | Best Lenses for Video
Recommended all-rounder Canon Zoom Lens for Event Shooting / Low-light photography [Highly Recommended]
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 USM
The best kit lens for Canon 7D Mark II DSLR, the lens gives you a constant F2.8 aperture that gives you excellent depth while shooting portraits and a options to capture your snapshot under available light, the 17-55mm is the best lens for shooting events and indoors, the images are super sharp image when shot a F2.8 aperture, the image stabilization of the lens is very effective and allow you to use slower shutter speed without having blur…
Buy Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 USM Lens form Amazon USA || Amazon UK || B&H Store
Best Zoom Lens for Canon 7D Mark II
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6LUSM
Buy Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6LUSM Amazon || B&H || Amazon UK
Canon 70-300MM is L series lens is a excellent super sharp lens made by Canon, the lens image stabilization is very effective and auto-focus is too fast, The lens is much more compact than the 70-200mm L and covers more zoom lens a excellent choice for your Canon 7D Mark II camera.
Portrait Lens – Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Buy Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens from Amazon USA || Amazon UK || B&H Store
Canon 50mm F1.4 Lens will take your portrait photography to next level, If you are a 50mm F1.8 user than believe me the feeling is similar when you purchase a 50mm F1.8 lens after using the Canon 18-55mm kit lens…
On performance scale the output of 50mm F1.4 is match-less, the bokeh is so smooth and creamy and it’s a haven for low light shooters, I highly recommend you to buy this lens if you want professional quality images.
Best Lens for Macro Photography [Highly Recommended]
Buy Canon EF-S 60mm F2.8 USM from Amazon | B&H
The EF-S 60mm F2.8 Macro lens is made for Canon APS-C fromat camera like canon 700D / 70D and 7D Mark II, the 60mm captures images at 1:1 image ratio and features Ultra Sonic Motor with full-time manual override, the minimum focus distance of 7.8″ or 20 cm.
Lenses for video shooting
If you are a video shooter than you must buy the new range of STM lenses from Canon, the STM lenses built with stepping motor (STM) drive, the gives you super smooth and quiet continuous AF during video shooting when paired with the Movie Servo AF feature on select EOS cameras.
- Buy Canon 40mm STM from Amazon | B&H
- Buy Canon 18-135mm STM Lens from Amazon | B&H
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens from Amazon | B&H
Canon 7D Mk II is one of the best DSLR available in the market today where as X-T1 is a class leading mirrorless system with exceptional features, take a look at the detailed specification comparison review
Megapixel: The Canon EOS 7D Mark II is built with more megapixel as compared to Fujifilm X-T1, so the 7D Mark II is capable of producing high-resolution, well-detailed still imagery and HD videos.
Bigger Sensor Size: The BIT large sensor size of Fujifilm X-T1 makes it capable to acquire more light while shooting images, But does the result will show significant difference compared to 7D Mk II is still a question until we see image comparison.
The NO-OLPF benefit – The Fujifilm X-T1 is designed with a randomized pixel pattern to eliminate the need of an optical low-pass filter whereas Canon EOS 7D Mark II includes an optical low-pass filter. Due to the absence of low pass filter Theoretically the images produced by Fujifilm X-T1 will be more clear and will have a better depth of color when compared with the images produced by Canon EOS 7D Mark II at 100%.
More AF Points: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fast Hybrid AF system utilizes altogether 65 AF points but Fujifilm X-T1 offers just 49 AF points. So, it is clear that Canon EOS 7D Mark II will do fast and accurate focusing than Fujifilm X-T1.
Better Shutter Range: Canon EOS 7D Mark II features a shutter range of 30 – 1/8000 whereas Fujifilm X-T1 features shutter range of 30- 1/400. With a better shutter range Canon EOS 7D Mark II delivers incredibly sharp and crisp images in comparison to Fujifilm X-T1.
Top Continuous shooting speed: Canon EOS 7D Mark II features fast shooting speed of 10fps and Fujifilm X-T1 offers the top continuous speed of 8fps.
Video Mode – Almost same in both with Full HD @ 60fps
Battery Life (CIPA): With Canon EOS 7D Mark II 800 shots can be taken in one battery cycle and on the other hand Fujifilm X-T1 battery rating is 350 shots. (According to CIPA).
Dimensions: Fujifilm X-T1 is smaller Canon EOS 7D Mark II so it is more handy to use.
Weight: Fujifilm X-T1 is almost half in weight as compared to Canon EOS 7D Mark II.
High ISO TEST
Image analysis – We are not able to notice any major difference in the image quality of both the camera. But yes Canon is showing bit better images with less noise.
Verdict: Based on specification comparison review, image analysis and Lens support we highly recommend you to buy Canon 7D Mark II
Buy Canon 7D Mark II body at Amazon || B&H
As we can see the Canon 7D Mark II camera giving less noise at with bit less details at ISO 12800 and 25600, may be due to the presence of strong noise reaction filter inside it.
Continue reading Canon 7D Mark II HIGH ISO TEST
Based on new camera Facebook fans request we are publishing the Canon 7D mark II vs Canon 6D comparison, the price difference is very minimal between these two camera, Canon 6D (body) price is $1899 and Canon 7D Mark II (body) will cost you $1799.
Sensor Size: Canon 6D sensor is bigger than Canon 7D mark II camera, bigger sensor gives more light collecting area, better low light performance and more dynamic range.
Big Photodiodes in 6D DSLR: The resolution of both the camera are same but they both have different sensor size, due to large sensor size and less resolution the photodioes in Canon 6D are larger, the pixel size 6D sensor is of 6.55 µm square, that delivers greater reception of light and a higher signal-to-noise ratio.
More ISO range: Canon 6D offers more ISO range compared to Canon 7D Mark II camera, we are sure that Canon 6D will give better image quality than Canon 7D Mark II camera.
7D Mark II Advance AF System: Canon 7D Mark II comes with new generation of Dual pixel CMOS AF Sensor that features 65 all cross-type AF points, the dual pixel is full active when you are using live view or shooting video, on the other hand the Canon 6D features Phase AF active only when you are using viewfinder, Canon 6D uses contrast detect system while you are using live-view for still shooting.
Fast Continuous shooting speed and bit more Buffer in 7D Mk II: The Canon 7D Mark II offers a fast 10 fps of continuous shooting for over 1000 JPEGs, 31 RAW, or 19 RAW+JPEG files, Canon 6D has lower burst speed (4.5 sec) but is also offers you to capture 1000+ JPEG and 21 RAW files (10 frames less than 7D Mk II) in a single burst.
Video: Canon 7D Mark II records Full HD video @ 60 frames per second Canon 6D limited to 30 frames per second, both supports high quality H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec format.
Built-in WiFi in Canon 6D no WiFi available in 7D Mk II… but Canon 7D comes with built in GPS.. so you can tag your images with your location.
Verdict: The Canon 6D features bigger sensor and will give you image quality and Canon 7D Mark II comes with advance AF system will give more speed, the final choice is yours.
Buy Canon 6D from Amazon | B&H
Buy Canon 7D Mark II body at Amazon || B&H