Fully articulated 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 Clear View LCD with 1,040k dots: For the first time in a Rebel DSLR, the new Canon 600D / T3i features a large Vari-Angle three-inch Clear View LCD screen with 1,040,000 dot/VGA resolution plus anti-reflective and smudge-resistant coatings for bright clear viewing from any angle.
Canon 600D HD Video (New Features)
- EOS HD Video: Ready For A Close-Up: When shooting Full HD video, the Canon 600D / T3i digitally provides additional zoom power without sacrificing quality. The new Movie Digital Zoom feature, a first for Canon DSLRs, allows users to achieve 3x to 10x magnification while shooting Full HD video. Unlike standard digital zoom for still images, Movie Digital Zoom crops the video image directly from the CMOS sensor at Full HD resolution to preserve video quality and still provide amazing additional telephoto power beyond just the lens
- EOS Video Snapshot: Canon’s new EOS Video Snapshot feature borrows some innovation from Canon’s VIXIA line of camcorders for capturing, assembling and playing fun-to-watch video clips. The scenes are assembled by the camera into continuous Video Snapshot Album files for easy playback and can even be further edited in camera or through Canon’s Video Snapshot Task software on a compatible personal computer for added flexibility and fun.
New EOS Feature Guide : The EOS Feature Guide is designed to help first-time users and beginning enthusiasts better understand each camera setting with descriptions and guided recommendations for when to utilize certain settings.
An A+ for Automatic Mode: automatic mode with new Scene Intelligent Auto technology, re-branding the green mode dial setting with a boxed “A+” design. This new camera setting now takes Picture Style into account as part of the camera’s “Auto” setting. By analyzing faces, colors, brightness, movement, and contrast, the camera will dynamically adjust picture-style parameters to match the subject and control vividness.
Canon’s New four artistic filter options:
- The Soft Focus effect filter helps dramatize an image and smooth over shiny reflections.
- The Grainy Black and White filter can give a different nostalgic perspective to any shot.
- Canon’s “Toy Camera” filter deliberately adds vignetting and color shift for a creative option when shooting a colorful scene.
- Users can also make a scene appear like a small-scale model, simulating the look from a tilt-shift lens, with Canon’s Miniature Effect filter, great when shooting any scene from a high vantage point.
New Kit Lenses
Along with these DSLR cameras, Canon is also introducing a new kit lens, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II zoom lens. The version II of this lens includes new IS algorithms to automatically provide the optimal level of image-shake correction.
Conclusion Canon 600D is an extremely well-featured and a step above entry level DSLR camera, but it doesn’t officially replace the Canon EOS 550D.
Should you upgrade your Canon 550D? I would say no.
550D owners should wait for Canon 650D, 600D have no improvement in core specification. Get the Canon 600D only if it’s going to be your first camera.
See more – Canon 1100D vs Nikon D3100