#1 World best Compact camera – Sony RX1 R
Sony RX1 R is the World best Compact camera, features Full frame 24MP resolution sensor with 14-bit RAW output and Bright F2.0 Carl Zeiss Sonnar T lens with macro compability and No Optical Low-Pass filter.
The RX1 R is world best Fullframe compact camera that features a 24MP FF CMOS Sensor, 35mm f/2.0 Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Lens and No optical low pass filter for razor sharp images, you also get a max ISO sensitivity upto 25600 with Optical Image Stabilization system.
Sony RX1 Major Features
- 24.3MP Full-Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ Image Processor
- Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 Lens
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.0″ 1,229k-Dot Xtra Fine LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video at 24 or 60 fps
- High Speed AF and MF Focus Peaking
- Continuous Shooting Rate Up to 5 fps
- Low-Light Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- Multi Interface Shoe
Sony RX1 R also records Full HD videos @ 60fps, on the rear side we have 3.0″ 1,229k-dot Xtra Fine LCD monitor,
The Good: Amazing low light performance, world best compact camera, bright F2.0 Lens and Full
The Bad: Price
Conclusion: Best Camera is you can afford.
#2 : Fujifilm X100S
- Second in our list due to small sensor compared to RX1
The Fujifilm X100S is the best APS-C sensor compact camera available in the market today, better than Nikon coolpix A and Ricoh GR. See the image Comparison and specification comparison. (vs Ricoh | vs Nikon Coolpix A )
The X100s features the new APS-C 16M X-Trans CMOS II Sensor & EXR Processor II. X-Trans CMOS II incorporates an original color filter array with a highly random pattern, eliminating the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF). Unique integration of phase detection pixels in the array contributes to the dramatic leap in AF speed. Fujinon 23mm F2 fixed focal length lens, quality without compromise was the goal when the FUJIFILM X100S was being developed.
Fujifilm X100S Major Features
- 16MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Fujinon 23mm f/2 Fixed Focal Length Lens
- Hybrid Optical and Electronic Viewfinder
- 2.8″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- EXR Processor II
- Intelligent Hybrid AF System
- Expandable ISO 100-25600
- Full HD 1080 Video at 60fps
- Film Simulation and Advanced Filters
- Die-Cast Magnesium Body Construction
Digital Split Image helps you manually focus your shot with greater precision. While viewing the split image displayed in the LCD monitor or EVF, you can manually adjust for pinpoint focus, especially helpful when working with an open aperture or macro shooting.
The Good: Blazing fast AF peroformance, Excellent image quality and Hybrid Viewfinder.
The Bad: Not known.
Conclusion: Best APS-C Compact Camera. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Nikon Coolpix A
Nikon Coolpix A have contrast based AF system and F2.8 Lens ,Nikon coolpix A is in our recommended list of camera due to slow lens and Slow AF speed (during low light scene) compared to X100S.
Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera equipped a 16.2MP DX-format CMOS, the camera comes without optical low-pass filter to maximize the output of available resolution , The FIXED NIKKOR prime lens features a focal length of 18.5mm (35mm equivalent: 28mm), Recommended for wide-angle shooting,. 3.0-inch LCD monitor, which has a resolution of 921k pixels. Record Full HD 1080p video with stereo sound, more details below
- 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR 18.5mm Lens (35mm Equiv: 28mm)
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-22
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot LCD Monito
- Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound
- Capture Photos in RAW Format
- Manual Focus Ring Adjustment
- Auto and Manual Exposure Bracketing
- Wi-Fi via Optional WU-1a Adapter
The Good: Big Sensor, ISO up to 25600,
The Bad: Slow AF.
Conclusion: Recommended .
Canon G1 X Mark II – Versatile Compact camera with 1.5 inch sensor
Canon G1X Mark II camera is must to have digital camera if you are a professional shooter, it will act as a excellent nack-up camera after your DSLR, the G1X Mark II comes with a high sensitivity 12.8MP High-Sensitivity 1.5″ CMOS Sensor, the sensor size is larger than Nikon 1 series mirrorless system and just a bit smaller than the M4/3 format based system cameras.
The G1X Mark II is a perfect big sensor camera because it support Zoom lens on such a big sensor + it also comes with latest tech features such as Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC, the 5X zoom lens gives you excellent range for shooting portraits, architecture or macro.
Canon G1X Mark II Major
- 12.8MP High-Sensitivity 1.5″ CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-120mm f/2-3.9 (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- High Speed AF and 5.2 fps Shooting
- HS SYSTEM and Optical Image Stabilizer
- Dual Control Rings and 14-Bit RAW
The Good: Fast AF performance, Zoom Lens
The Bad: Not known.
Conclusion: Highly recommended for travel photographers, street shooters. Best backup camera after your DSLR.